Welcome to the Art page
In Art and Design we aim to ensure that all pupils have fun producing creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences. That they become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques. That they are able to evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design. They broaden their knowledge and enhance their skills by learning about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
In Key Stage 1 pupils will:
- use a range of materials creatively to design and make products.
- use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- learn about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
In Key stage 2 pupils will:
find out about great artists, architects and designers in history
- be taught to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
- create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials.